Doing a bad job and being okay with it

The whole "lower your expectations" thing is really hard to do.

First day of remote instruction: done. It was weird. I don't know if it was good or bad or just weird.  I'm not used to being bad at my job, and I feel really bad at my job right now.  I'm sure this is a universal feeling among faculty and students, but it's also very personal for each of us.  I want to help students find the joyful parts of math, and it seems extra impossible right now.

On the "life" front, I've got a lot happening that's also making it hard to focus on doing the job.

The question I keep coming back to is, "How long can I sustain 'all hands on deck' without getting sick?"

Sorry -- no cheerful updates here.  Just wishing things could go back to normal.  I miss the feeling of community and I didn't realize how hard it would be to do class remotely without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured:

Remote Semester Orientation

Advice from Abbi Jutkowitz, Film Editor, who has worked from home on and off for 5+ years, and worked from home exclusively for the past 8 m...