Learning curves

There's nothing like looking at a finished video and thinking: "Wow. What a piece of sh*t."

Between driving 8 hours in the past two days (with another 4-5 tomorrow), trying to work with a delightful baby demanding more dancing around and being held upside down, telling my parents to take COVID-19 seriously (Mom, that's you: 6 feet from other people, no handing over your phone or taking someone else's, no matter how cute the baby pictures are), etc etc -- not exactly a highly productive time.

But! Some small victories: our campus has a license for Adobe Premiere Rush and I worked through the quick tutorial. I made another few minutes of content. I'm ready for a remote meeting later today. We made french fries for breakfast. I scripted a few really awful math jokes to intersperse in my course video playlists. When I say really bad, I mean: "Why couldn't the base field have puppies? Because it was fixed." (A little Galois humor! Like gallows humor, but French.)

Unfinished business: I've written about 5 drafts of an email to my advisees. I hope to finish it and send it soon. Probably a faux pas to start with, "What the actual eff?!" but it's the most honest opener I've got at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured:

Remote Semester Orientation

Advice from Abbi Jutkowitz, Film Editor, who has worked from home on and off for 5+ years, and worked from home exclusively for the past 8 m...