Setting up a home workspace

It seems unlikely that we'll be allowed to work in our offices for the rest of the semester (which is good, as far as the CDC recommendations go).  But that means carting home a bunch of stuff and setting up a comfortable (and cat-proof, and mostly partner-proof) workspace.

It will take some time to figure out how to rig up all the things I will be using -- microphone, webcam, iPad, dual monitors, possibly a really old pen-tablet, chalk board.  And then it will take time to fix up a few issues in my office (I need to hang up curtains so I can see my screens midday).

Meanwhile, in another reality, I would have been on a flight to Turkey right now, heading off to a vacation with a goal of flying back to the US with my sister and my niece.  With everything going on, I'm obviously not on a plane right now, but my sister and niece will be back in the US on Wednesday.  I'll head back to my hometown on Tuesday and help get her house ready for her, then pick her up Wednesday and help her get settled back in, and then Friday I'll head back to Clinton to keep prepping for remote classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured:

Remote Semester Orientation

Advice from Abbi Jutkowitz, Film Editor, who has worked from home on and off for 5+ years, and worked from home exclusively for the past 8 m...